LASER HAIR REMOVAL
Getting rid of unwanted hair is an age-old issue, with long-term hair removal being particularly challenging. People who suffer from excess hair used to go through painful and long hours of waxing and plucking. These methods have become quite obsolete with modern laser technology.
What is Laser Hair Removal?
- Laser hair removal is a non-invasive cosmetic procedure that uses a laser to reduce unwanted hair with amazing results.
- The specialized laser targets melanin in the hair. Melanin is the chromophore that determines a person’s skin and hair color.
- As the laser fires, it rapidly and efficiently heats the hair follicle. For hairs that are in the active phase of growth, the laser destroys the hair’s ability to re-grow.
How Does it Work?
- The laser uses a concentrated beam of light to damage the melanin in hair follicles that produce those unwanted and unruly areas of hair, by damaging these follicles.
- Over a series of 6 or more treatments, we are slowing and eventually stopping the hair growth at the source.
- After the first treatment, some patients notice a difference of as much as 50% decline in hair growth in the treated area.
- Lasers are used for many different procedures, including surgery. The LOFT Med Spa at Lisa’s uses the Harmony Alma Laser for treatment. This laser is approved by the FDA.
Does Laser Hair Removal Hurt?
- Laser hair removal usually does sting a bit. Depending on how much melanin is present in the hair and the surrounding skin, you may experience a slight to moderate stinging or heat sensation.
How Long Does it Take?
- It depends on the area. A small area on the face will take just a few minutes, a modest bikini about 15 minutes, and a full leg treatment will take about an hour.
How Many Treatments Will I Need?
- Usually six treatments (depending on area), each spaced six weeks apart.
- People will see results from the beginning but a hair grows in 3 different stages and only the hair that is inside the hair follicle will be eliminated by the laser.
- The number of treatments you will need to achieve your desired result will depend in large part on your skin type (or color) and the density and color of your hair follicles.
More About the Legs
- Women spend over 10 weeks (1,728 hours) of their lifetime shaving their legs, but smooth legs are available in half the time thanks to Laser Hair Removal.
- Stubble, cuts and razor burn can be a thing of the past!
- Laser Hair Removal should be performed every 4-6 weeks on the desired area for best results.
- You can still shave as necessary, and with little to no down time.
More About the Face
- Men and women suffer from hair in unwanted places and the last place you should worry about is on your face – upper lip, nape of neck, chin, cheeks, sideburns.
- Laser Hair Removal should be performed every 4-6 weeks on the desired area for the best results.
More About the Bikini and Brazilian
- Want to look your best without having to spend time shaving hard to reach, sensitive pubic areas.
- Unlike shaving or waxing, which can leave unsightly bumps, redness, ingrown hairs or skin discoloration, Laser Hair Removal makes it look like you never had any hair to begin with and can even help with healing after years of shaving or waxing!
- Bikini and Brazilian are some of our most popular areas for Laser Hair Removal
Other Popular Areas Treated
Call (610) 478-8775 to schedule your Complimentary Consultation